Accidents happen, and when they do, you need to be prepared. With this handy kit, there is no need to run around gathering supplies. Simply bring out the kit and treat the injury and get your horse back on track.
The Kelato Emergency First Aid Kit is a comprehensive kit that contains all the first aid supplies you need to look after cuts, wounds, abrasions, strains and infections. The small, portable packaging means that it doesn’t take up too much room in your float or truck, and the quality products inside mean that you know your horse is getting the best possible care.
The Emergency First Aid Kit can help a wide range of equine injuries, from cuts, wounds and abrasions to infections or strains. The individually packaged EnduroWRAP, KelatoWRAP and Kelato Cotton Wool and Gauze ensure maximum hygiene and the KelatoGEN ointment facilitates the efficient healing of a wide range of cuts, from shallow abrasions to open wounds.
In your Emergency First Aid Kit, you will also find a CoolWRAP compression bandage, which provides extreme cooling relief combined with compression to minimize swelling, and a 600ml tub of SwellDOWN, which can be applied to warm or swollen areas to draw out heat and infection.
The kit contains:
Kelato Cotton Wool & Gauze
- Wrap Kelato Cotton Wool & Gauze over a wound before wrapping with EnduroWRAP or KelatoWRAP bandages.
- Wrap EnduroWRAP over Kelato Cotton Wool & Gauze. The bandage should be slightly stretched when wrapping, but not tight.
- Simply tear when the area has been sufficiently covered…no scissors required!
- Wrap KelatoWRAP over Kelato Cotton Wool & Gauze. The bandage should be slightly stretched when wrapping, but not tight.
- To ensure correct overlay of the bandage, use the orange line on the bandage as a guide.
- Open packaging and remove the moist bandage
- Wrap the bandage around the affected area, stretching slightly
- CoolWRAP bandage should be applied for 20 minutes at a time, every 1-2 hours. CoolWRAP is most effective if used within 6-8 hours of injury or heavy work.
- Wash and clean bandage before storing ready for next use.
- CoolWRAP bandage should be stored in the yellow container provided or a similar sealed vessel.
- Recharge CoolWRAP bandage in the yellow container provided with the bandage by adding recharging solution (see sachet for instructions).
– For Legs
- Cleanse area thoroughly. To assist as a preventative after racing, competition or heavy exercise, coat the targeted area with SwellDOWN poultice.
- Cover area to be treated with a liberal amount of SwellDOWN poultice and cover with moist paper (preferably brown paper).
- Then wrap with plastic and hold in place with a quilt or sheet cotton and a standing bandage. Leave in place for 12 to 24 hours then wash off with water. May be used daily.
– For Hooves
- To draw out stone bruises and for general hoof soreness, pack bottom of hoof with SwellDOWN poultice.
- Hold in place with moist paper (preferably brown paper) or hoof boots.