What is KelatoGEN?
KelatoGEN is an astringent and antiseptic treatment for new or pre-existing wounds. KelatoGEN is very effective in treating cuts and wounds with miraculous speed while preventing infection and promoting hair growth. Wire cuts, scrapes, punctures, cracked heels, saddle sores, rain rot lesions and bites heal quickly and more effectively with a reduced chance of scarring.
KelatoGEN supports a healthy wound bed, which accelerates healing for all wounds and is specially balanced so that it does not harm the surrounding healthy tissue.
KelatoGEN also prevents excessive granulation tissue (proud flesh), thus minimising scars and restrictive movements. The reduction of proud flesh by the application of KelatoGEN eliminates the need for surgery.
KelatoGEN is available as an ointment or concentrate. Suitable for dogs, cats and horses.
When do they need it?
KelatoGEN Ointment & Concentrate can be used to treat all cases of superficial skin injuries, including proud flesh. It is also useful for:
- Skin Ulcers
- Furunculosis (boils)
- Otitis externa (inflammation of the ear canal)
- Hoof treatments
- Navel infections
KelatoGEN Concentrate can be diluted with water to:
- Flush out wounds.
- Spray ‘hard to access’ wounds or after surgery.
- Treat acute and chronic endometritis (infection of uterus).
- Retain uterine tone during the puerperal (postpartum) period (its coagulating properties assists in eliminating retained foetal membranes).
How KelatoGEN Works
Antibacterial & fungicidal activity
- KelatoGEN exerts antibacterial and fungicidal activity by virtue of its high acidity and phenolic character.
- This, coupled with the activity of the condensed formaldehyde, makes a powerful antiseptic preparation.
- Bleeding is controlled by the haemostatic action of KelatoGEN on the small capillaries leading to the wound area. (KelatoGEN causes vasoconstriction when applied to small blood vessels, thus reducing bleeding from the capillaries in the wounds.)
- Healing is promoted by the product’s astringent action, which gently cauterises the open blood vessels and promotes growth of new tissue.
Features & Benefits
- Promotes healing in new and pre-existing wounds.
- Prevents excessive granulation tissue (proud flesh) and minimises scarring.
- Reduces bleeding from wound capillaries when applied to small blood vessels.
- Contains antibacterial and antifungal capabilities- creating a powerful antiseptic preparation.
- Removes exogenous debris such as dirt and grease.
- KelatoGEN Concentrate can be diluted with water to flush out wounds or be made into a spray to target ‘hard to access’ wounds or after surgery.