What is KelatoLYTE?
KelatoLYTE is a scientifically formulated electrolyte replacer designed to mimic the composition of horse sweat. Supplementation with KelatoLYTE will help to reduce the risk of dehydration and associated disorders such as poor performance, fatigue, muscle stiffness, colic and even death (in severe cases).
When do they need it?
Horses require electrolyte replacement when they have been sweating, whether from:
- During hot, humid conditions
“You can lead a horse to water…”
It is important to remember that electrolyte replacers are not only essential to replace the electrolytes lost in sweat, but they also encourage adequate water intake. We have all heard the adage “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink”. There is a physiological explanation to this. When humans sweat, we lose more water than electrolytes in our sweat, causing a rise in blood sodium concentration. Sodium is thought to trigger the thirst response and we therefore feel the need to drink until fully rehydrated. Conversely, horses lose equal amounts of electrolytes and water in their water. The horse will get a slight rise in blood sodium concentration and will drink a little, but not enough to fully rehydrate. Hence, why they don’t feel the physiological need to drink even though they have sweated profusely.
Features & Benefits
- Mimics the composition of horse sweat and actually replaces what is lost.
- Encourages drinking and facilitates fast rehydration.
- Contains minimal filler (glucose) – well formulated electrolyte supplements will contain <10% filler.
- Doesn’t contain bicarbonate and does not contravene the rules of competition.
- Can be used as a daily supplement, isotonic drench or as an electrolyte paste.
- Apple flavoured for improved palatability.
For more information contact us on 1800 KELATO or at firstname.lastname@example.org