SwellDOWN’s special mixture of montmorillonite clay and unique therapeutic ingredients has a cooling effect on injuries often caused by hard knocks or jarring. The clay, used as a poultice, draws out heat and reduces swelling commonly generated at damaged sites to aid a more rapid recovery. It is fast, effective and an excellent tightener around knees, ankles and tendons.
SwellDOWN contains NO substances in concentrations that breach the rules of racing.
When do they need it?
- After training, trialling and post-race
- After exercise (especially on hard or heavy ground)
- After events
- First sign of inflammation
- Can be used to draw out stone bruises
How does it work?
The combination of wet clay, essential oils and minerals in SwellDOWN has a cooling effect on the skin. Heat produced by exercise or injury is drawn out at a rapid rate, limiting hypoxic (lack of oxygen) damage and reducing the risk of oedema (fluid retention) and muscle damage, thereby aiding recovery.
- Magnesium Sulphate: Delivers the cooling drawing action to lessen pain.
- Potassium Aluminium Sulphate: Works to ‘tighten’ the leg, keeping swelling and inflammation at a minimum.
- Calcium Carbonate: Adjusts the poultice to the correct pH level.
- Oil of Peppermint and Eucalyptus:
- Reduces muscle pain and inflammation
- Creates a cooling sensation; keeps horse is comfortable during treatment
- Antiseptic properties help to disinfect any minor cuts/abrasions present under poultice.
- Glycerine: A humectant (retains moisture) which softens & moisturises the skin. Reduces itchiness.
- Wet montmorillonite clay: Binds the actives together and keeps them wet, so effective for longer.
Features & Benefits
- Best poultice on the Australian market!
- Fully disclosed ingredients
- Contains NO substances in concentrations which breach the rules of racing
- Easy ready-to-use formula
- Lead free: safe to use over broken skin
- Washes off easily with water
- Works quickly and effectively
- Non-toxic and non-irritating
In this video, Annabel Cargill explains how she uses SwellDOWN to keep her top eventing horses sound.
Watch a demonstration on how to apply SwellDOWN poultice to achieve the greatest effect.