What is it?
GastroAID is a complete gut health supplement that has been developed and manufactured in Australia. GastroAID is designed to maintain optimal gut health and function, enhance digestibility and improve feed conversion efficiency.
Why do I need it?
Horses have a very fragile gut environment, which can be influenced by a range of factors including diet, workload, transportation and stress. Some of the most common issues associated with gastric upset include Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome (EGUS) and Hindgut Acidosis, both of which can cause a range of physical and behavioural symptoms.
GastroAID is a two-part nutritional supplement formulated to promote the optimal health and function of the total digestive tract.
How does it work?
GastroAID works in 5 ways to improve digestive health:
- Wholegrain Oat Fibre – Optimises stomach emptying, increasing digestion and improving feed conversion efficiency.
- Antacids – Act to neutralise excess gastric acid and raise the pH of the stomach contents.
- Coating Agents – The need for improvement of the mucosal lining of the stomach is targeted by pectin and lecithin. Pectin and lecithin form a gel-like layer to protect the stomach lining from the corrosive effects of gastric acid, strengthen the mucosa, and improve overall stomach health.
- Prebiotic – Agrimos® is a prebiotic composed of two compounds, Mano-oligosaccharides (MOS) and β-glucans. MOS bind diarrhoea-causing bacteria and prevent colonisation within the gut. The β-glucans support the horse’s natural immune system (increase the “readiness” of immune cells to respond to infection).
- Probiotic – Levucell SC® is a live concentrate yeast of the species Saccharomyces cerevisiae (strain SC l-1077). Levucell SC® increases feed conversion efficiency and fibre digestibility by providing nutrients to the natural microflora in the horse’s hindgut and contributing raw, fibre-fermenting microbes. Levucell SC® increases the number of lactate-utilising bacteria, thereby reducing total lactate in the hindgut and stabilising pH levels.