The painful scabs that form when Greasy Heel strikes do not look or feel great on your horse, but should you pick them off?
The answer is yes!
The bacteria, fungi and mites that cause the greasy heel most often live underneath these scabs, so until they are removed, the infection is extremely likely to continue. However, the scabs are particularly sensitive, so applying an ointment to soften the scabs 12-24 hours before removing them can make removing the scabs a less painful process for your horse, and facilitate quicker healing.
QuikHEAL is a broad-spectrum antibacterial and antifungal ointment, containing sulphur and copper sulphate to assist rapid healing from greasy heel and other skin conditions.
QuikHEAL treats a broad range of conditions:
- Greasy heel
- Rain Scald
- Girth gall
- Saddle sores
- Nicks and cuts
How does it work?
- As soon as bacteria or fungi enter broken skin they inflame the skin, causing mild to severe irritation.
- The active ingredients in QuikHEAL effectively kill the bacteria and fungi.
- QuikHEAL is water resistant, which aids in its longevity on the wound once applied.
- The combination of sulphur and copper sulphate in QuikHEAL also provides an unfavourable environment for bacteria and helps to prevent re-infection.
- QuikHEAL also acts as a barrier to allow the antibacterial and antifungal ingredients to do their job.
Features & Benefits
QuikHEAL does NOT contain lead.
- Fast acting.
- Antibacterial and antifungal.
- Easy to use.
- Highly effective against infection.
- Thick ointment that doesn’t run off easily.
- Water resistant – acts as a barrier.